Benefits of Decorative Concrete Floors
Decorative concrete floors have become increasingly popular in recent years, and it isn’t hard to understand why. Completely customizable, decorative concrete floors offer a great alternative to other flooring materials such as linoleum, hardwood, stone, marble, carpet, or tile. The benefits are incredible, and the design possibilities are endless. If your home or business space has concrete subfloors, exposing them and applying a decorative treatment of your choice offers an option that is both economical and environmentally friendly.
Benefits of Decorative Concrete Floors
If you’re considering decorative concrete floor options for your space, there are a lot of advantages that come along with this flooring type.
- They can be tailored to suit nearly any budget.
- There are unlimited creative options for the aesthetic of the flooring.
- They are low maintenance.
- If properly cared for, they will last for decades.
- Concrete is moisture resistant when properly sealed.
- They reduce allergens in the home.
- They are pet friendly.
- They can be heated with a radiant system.
- They have low VOCs.
Get everything you need for your next decorative concrete flooring project from products to tools and equipment from Power Rental & Sales!
Other Factors to Note
Though there are many benefits that come along with concrete flooring choices, there are some other things to be aware of such as the fact that concrete flooring does require resealing occasionally to keep it in good condition. It can also come off as cold in some rooms or circumstances, needing area rugs for warmth and coziness. Decorative concrete flooring can also become slippery when wet–more so than other flooring types– so it’s important to be careful about slipping.
Decorative Concrete Floor Maintenance
Decorative concrete floors do require some upkeep, particularly when used in areas that get heavy foot traffic or wear and tear– like in commercial or retail settings in particular. Of course as mentioned, there are a lot of options for finishing your concrete floor, and the style of flooring will dictate the type of care required. Generally speaking, concrete floors should be swept regularly to free them of dust and debris. Exterior surfaces should also be scrubbed or pressure washed about once per year, using a mild detergent. If you notice your decorative concrete floors are starting to lose their shine, a reapplication of sealer should restore the sheen. Some concrete flooring can also benefit from waxes and polishes to act as a buffer between their surfaces and generally wear and tear.
If you have any questions about proper maintenance for your specific decorative concrete flooring, talk with our team at Power Rental & Sales, and our staff can help address your concerns.
Popular Finishing Options for Concrete Floors
As discussed, part of the beauty of decorative concrete floors is the limitless design options that come along with them. Some popular finishing options include:
- Acid stain for a bold look and a mottled, variegated finish
- Water-based stain offers a subtle palette of colors in a full spectrum.
- Fast stain is a fast-drying, eco-friendly option that offers a flecked and highly variegated finish.
- Acrylic sealer provides a thin, protective film on the surface of the flooring for uniform color and a matte finish.
- Standard epoxy is great for highly-trafficked areas indoors if you want a high-shine, glossy look.
- Metallic epoxy, much like the standard epoxy option, but with a brilliant metallic effect and unique coloring.
- Terrazzo or granite epoxy is a good option if you want a textured finish, and it’s available in a range of pattern options.
Our team at Power Rental & Sales
is here to help you get all the supplies you need to complete your concrete projects successfully and beautifully.